NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let it Snow !

My Mom is right about Nebraska weather - Record breaking high temps at the beginning of the week then snow predicted today of around 10-12 inches.  Let it Snow - Let it Snow.  Hope I don't get lost in the snow - Thank goodness I have a black nose.

Our walks this week were sooo nice.  Mom walked with MaeMae our neighbor behind us a few times so Ruthie, Mom and I would walk the back road to her house to get her which meant horse poo snacks and lots of them.  They are soooo nicely round and tasty !  Ruthie was even into them this week.  Along the way I would find deer poo snacks to eat too so was plenty full when we got back to the house.   One nasty thing happened though out on one of our walks.  I wasn't paying attention and was running to catch up with Mom and ran into a wire fence. !!!  Boom !!!  It HURT !!  I CRIED !!  MaeMae was with us and Mom said she was a people doctor but she became a doggie doctor and looked me over.  I cut my tongue a little and scraped my nose but MaeMae said I would be OK.  I learned a lesson !!

Watched American Idol again this week.  I just don't get it ?  I can howl sooo much better then some of those people can sing.  I just wasn't into watching this week so I took a nap.  Mom woke me up and said I needed to watch - She said I could be seeing the next American Idol winner !

Ruthie and I went back to Dogtopia that doggie daycare place this week and had our evaluations however Mom just didn't think they were special enough to take care of her two most special four legged kids.  Mom thought she had a meeting with the owner but after waiting for almost 20 + minutes and the owner would never come out of her office even though we knocked on her office door several times we left.  I heard Mom tell the lady at the counter to have the owner call us at home but she never did.   I didn't like the place anyway so I am glad we are not going.  

Wednesday was Mom's birthday.  Not sure what that is but Mom said I would have one in about 4 months.  Mom said I could have a Birthday Party ?  and invite all of my friends.  Mom said there would be a special cake and gifts like at Christmas.  Can't wait but back to Mom's birthday. 


Mom's birthday started out with my Grandma Keuter taking us out for lunch.  I was sooo excited thinking I was going to get to order lunch but didn't get to.  Mom said they only serve people food.  However, Mom did bring a nice rawhide bone for me and I kind of listened to the command down/under or at least down.  After Mom and Grandma were done eating we all went and picked up a few groceries at the store.   Mom said I did Ok while shopping - I just hate that gentle lead thing !

Before Dad left that day he told Ruthie and I to make sure we ate early because we were not going to get to go along for Mom's surprise Birthday dinner.  Dad said it was too fancy of a restaurant to be a teaching moment.   I told Dad to make sure he took pictures so we could see.

Back to the Snow !!  It started during the middle of the night and I could watch it fall from my kennel.  I dreamed of playing in it all night.  Ruthie and I had to wait around this morning though to go out.  Dad wanted to read the paper and fuel up as he said.  Leftover Mexican food for breakfast.  Mom got out the winter coats and boots and made me try them on.  Thank goodness it was just a fashion shot and I really didn't have to wear them outside.  Ruthie was laughing at me and told me Mom did that to her too.  After Dad finally ate we were out the door. 

It was sooo much fun outside.  Dad got out the big snow blowing machine and started it up after a few words I probably should not repeat.  While he was clearing the driveway Ruthie and I romped and romped around in the snow.   My black nose came in handy for Ruthie to find me.  The only problem with snow is that you can not find deer poo snacks.  Mom said we were snowed in till farmer LeRoy comes with his tractor and plows our lane.  The satellite TV is out and Mom and Dad hope it is back up tomorrow for something called the Super Bowl. 

              Happy Birthday Mommy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment