NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

What a change !

Things sure can change quickly here on the Farmstead in Nebraska.  Mom, Ruthie and I were watching Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice Friday afternoon - Mom recorded them because Dad was home Thursday night and he doesn't like to watch Mom's shows - and all of a sudden we looked up and it was snowing !!  It was kind of a cloudy day to start with but then all of a sudden everything turned WHITE ! Then about 30 minutes later it was SUNNY !   It was really cool looking outside so Ruthie and I had to investigate.   Mom was taking some pictures of the snow and I can't believe she found me in a private moment and snapped a picture.  Thought I blended into the snow so no one would see me.  Next time I will have to scout out where Mom is and hide from her.  

Mom let Ruthie and I play outside most of the time it was snowing.  We tried to catch the snow flakes which was fun along with rolling around in the white stuff.  When it was time to come in though Mom made us wait on the back deck till we shook the snow off of our coats.   It was later in the day and this had Ruthie and I concerned.  We could see though the door that Mom was in the mud room and we knew what that meant.  Dinner Time !  When Mom finally came back out of the mud room and let us in it was slip sliding away all the way to dinner.  Mom yelled at us to slow down because all of this was happening on her wood floors.  Just to let you know I didn't have to see the "Dog Whisper" and have decided the wood floors are OK to walk on but now I have a phobia of the back deck stairs.  I slipped on them this week when it was icy and now I am scared to come up them.   Mom and Dad have to come down the stairs to coax me up which they are not too happy about especially when it is cold and windy.  They should be thankful they can do their private business inside.

This week Mom and I took two trips out for teaching moments.  I don't understand why Ruthie doesn't have to go and gets to stay home and do whatever she wants ?  This is unfair and I told Mom that however it didn't change the outcome.  Our first trip this week was back to Mom's groomers.  Mom had her nails on her feet and hands clipped and painted.  Mom said I did a wonderful job at down/stay when she was getting her toes clipped but by the time she was getting her hands clipped I was bored and wanting to get up and move around.  Mom finally told me to down/stay and put her foot on my leash.   We stopped at Petsmart on our way home to get some food for Ruthie.  I don't understand why her food doesn't come in a brown box from the UPS guy ? but her dog food's name is Blue Buffalo instead of Science Diet so maybe that is why ? 

Our second trip was to Hy-Vee.  I have mixed emotions about grocery shopping.  I love to go to Hy-Vee because they are sooooo friendly to me but I hate all of the start/stopping we have to do.  I will tell you with great pride I left my breakfast where it should be on both trips - in my tummy !   Mom is still trying to get me to get in the truck by myself but with little progress.   I like challenging Mom like she says she likes challenging me .  LOL !  I usually go to the back of the truck but lately in protest of Ruthie not having to have teachable moments I stay on the floor of the truck.  Mom told me I can do this if I want but I better make sure I have tail tucked in or I might get a surprise I won't appreciate. 


American Idol was on twice this week.  Mom made Ruthie and I watch with her.   There was a cliff hanger at the end of the show on Thursday.  Instead of the top 24 someone will be voted back on to make it the top 25.  Mom has her favorite but isn't telling us.  As you can tell from the picture Ruthie and I are not that concerned.  Just in case you are not an American Idol fan I will update you next week about the cliff hanger.  Did you see what Steven Tyler did on the show ???

Mom's running partner Jane is back in town this week but we have not been able to see her.  When they were running this week is was sooo icky outside with the snow melting that Mom did not take us.  Mom said she doesn't want to spend more time cleaning us up then out running however I heard her say this Sunday was to be in the 50s and she was hoping to take us to the lake with her and go for a walk with Jane.

It is Saturday morning and if you read my Blog you know what happens on Saturdays - Farmstead scanning.  Dad is up and reading the paper and is fueling up.  Ruthie and I are coaching him along but with little progress !  I love the weekends with Dad !  I know Ruthie does too !


No comments:

Post a Comment