NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Vacation

Mom said school is out for the Holidays and so am I.  I think it is for about two weeks.  Last year I wasn't really in school yet because I was just a little puppy so this is new to me.   I like vacation, Ruthie and I get to lay around and doggie dream, play in the house and outside and stay up late with Mom and Dad.  

Let me tell you about outside !!!   This cold white flaky stuff fell from the sky and all over the yard and the lake.  I kind of remember it from last year when we lived out on the farmstead.  Dad had this BIG machine that threw it up in the sky and Ruthie and I would run through it.  We spent many hours outside with Dad since they had a long, long, long driveway.   Ruthie and I can't run around out here at the lake like we did at the farmstead because of the road in front of the house but Dad found a GREAT place for us to run to our heart's content or at least till Dad gets cold.   We even went there when it was dark one night.  It was soooooo cool !!!

Having FUN with Dad !!


Caught in the Restroom


Dad on Poo Patrol

 
Sit- Stay

Mom and Dad did some more Christmas decorating in the basement.  We usually don't go down there because Mom put a gate at the bottom of the stairs.  Right after we all moved in Ruthie and I kind of forgot our bathroom manners and visited the basement and left a few deposits.  Since then the gate has been up. 

Helping Dad

Ruthie telling me to" Bug Off "
Silly Santa Hat - I hope he finds if before Christmas

Christmas is just around the corner and I am soooooo EXCITED for the BIG RED GUY to visit.  I have been trying to be nice but I know from some of the looks I get from Mom and Dad that I have been on the naughty side too.  I am older now and Ruthie and I talked about staying up to see the BIG RED GUY however, I heard Mom say if you are not asleep when he comes to your house he might not stop.  I will have to talk to Ruthie about this and see what she says.  She has been around for a lot more Christmas Holidays. 

Mom found a Poem about a Dog's Purpose and thought this would be a good time to share it -


A Dog's Purpose

People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life—

like loving everybody all the time and being nice. 
"Well, dogs already know how to do that -

   Live simply.
   Love generously.
   Care deeply.
   Speak kindly.


   Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would
   learn things like:
    When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
    Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
    Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in
    your face to be pure ecstasy.
    Take naps.
    Stretch before rising.
   Run, romp, and play daily.
   Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
   Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
   On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
   On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a
  shady tree.
   When you're happy, dance around and wag your
  entire body.
   Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
   Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
   Stop when you have had enough.
   Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
   If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
   When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit
  close by and nuzzle them gently.
   Be always grateful for each new day.

Enjoy Every Moment of Every Day !

Merry Christmas &
Happy Holidays
  
See you next Year !!

No comments:

Post a Comment