NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Busy times on the Farmstead

Our adventures started out in the garden this week.  I heard Mom say the raised bed garden had one of the best crop of weeds she has ever seen.  This year Mom hired some young worker bees and along with Ruthie and I we helped them weed the garden.  Mom said the new family who bought our farmstead is coming next weekend and we are going to help them plant some of the garden. 

Mom, Ruthie and I went for a long walk at the lake and swimming after the hard work out in the garden.  Mom said I would be getting a bath the next day because we were having some visitors on Wednesday that I had to be looking and smelling nice for. 

Tuesday was mowing day for Mom - She is counting down.  Ruthie and I got to hang out and do all of our sniffing and snack eating that we could.  I don't think there will be the GREAT snack foods at the lake that there is out here on the farmstead.  After mowing Mom and me went to Hy-Vee and ordered a cake for Ruthie before bath time and bed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ruthie on Wednesday !!  She is 6 years old.  Wednesday was another adventure for Mom and me too.  A reporter from the Omaha World Herald came to our house along with a photographer to do a story about service puppies and their families.  They arrived around noon and just hung out on the picnic table outside and talked.  I wasn't paying much attention to them because Ruthie and I were busy playing in the garden. 

 After about an hour or so we all packed up and headed out to the Sarpy Community YMCA to visit some of their pre-school kids.  The kids were soooooo nice and fed me lots of treats.  I remember going there before for Family Days and visiting with their day camp kids.  Mom said we would be coming back in June to do a presentation to the camp kids like we did last summer. 

Our next stop was to Hy-Vee to pick up Ruthie's birthday cake.  Mom said I was NOT on my best behavior.  I keep telling her I don't like the gentle lead but she keeps putting it on me.  Mom said she will win this battle but I am going to put up a fight !!!  Mom tricks me by getting out the really good treats and I give in and go after them.  I think Mom was embarrassed that I was misbehaving so badly but hey I am still a puppy and have puppy issues.  I tell Mom to remember I have never had a poo in a public store so at least I am ahead of her other service puppies on that. 

Finally we headed over to the lake for some FUN time and swimming.  Mom had a box full of sticks she picked up earlier so I had lots of fetching to do.  Mom warned everyone about my shaking and to watch out however I think I still was able to get everyone a little wet before we left.   Before they left Mom and I gave them a cookie to eat that looked just like the cake we had picked up for Ruthie.   Mom and me came home and I went and found Ruthie so I could tell her about my adventures.  Ruthie said she will make sure she finds the paper on May 22 and will read  the story.   I mentioned Ruthie several times so I hope they say something nice about her.  She is my best friend !  I am pround to announce that during our adventures I was able to keep my breakfast where it belongs and not on the floor of the car.

Thursday and Friday Mom packed in the morning then Ruthie, me and Mom went to the lake for a walk in the afternoon.  No swimming though.  Mom had stuff in the back of her car that she did not want to get wet.  She said we will be moving soon and can swim all we want then.  Mom made me wear my gentle lead around the house on Friday - the battle is still on !!  Who will win ?

Yesterday, Ruthie and I got to spend some time outside with Dad scanning the farmstead.  Only one more weekend left to do this.  Mom packed most of the day while Dad went to the office.  Both Mom and Dad packed last night but this time they had refreshments.  Dad shared a little with me. I thought I had to be 21 but Dad said he would not tell.  Ruthie has had refreshments before with Dad but she is over 21.


Happy Mother's Day to my two legged Mommy
and
My four legged Mommy at KSDS

No comments:

Post a Comment