NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring in March ?

I have never been around for Spring since I was born in the Summer but the air smells different now and funny stuff is coming up from the ground.  At the beginning of the week Ruthie and I went for two walks at the lake and we got to swim again. I was a little nervous when Mom threw out the first stick for us but Mom said" it is like riding a bike - you never forget"  Not sure what a bike is since I have never ridden one ? but I did great at swimming.   I even tried to jump off of the boat loading dock after a stick but it wasn't a pretty sight.  I kind of fell and jumped at the same time.  Ruthie was laughing at me.  Mom said we smelled when we got back home so we had to spend time in the mud room drying off.  Mom was soooo nice to light some candles for us and make the mud room cozy. 

Wednesday Mom and me stopped at the grocery store to pick a few things up after she had to go to Bellevue where my Daddy works.  Mom's days for three weeks are kind of up in the air.  She has Jury Duty from March 5-23.  Mom has to call each morning to see if she has to report.   The first day Mom went in was Thursday.  I asked if I could go but she said I don't down/stay good enough to go to something this important.  Mom wasn't gone long. She was dismissed after she was asked where my Daddy works and she said he was an attorney that practices in this Court. 

Thursday my two legged sister Aunna come over.  She is sooo sweet and nice to me.  She is quite the fashionista and her and Mom were working on a new Web site for her to sell her vintage clothes.  I tried to tell them that I already have a web site and know the skinny on how things work but neither of them understand puppy talk. I was excited and wanted to look for something for me on the web site but Aunna said she only sells people clothes.  Maybe she should expand her line to include things for four legged buyers. Before Aunna left she tried to show me how to spruce things up and put some earings on my ears.   I have another story about my sister coming.

Friday Ruthie and I got to walk the back fields with Mom to go get MaeMae for their walk.  We did the same thing again on Saturday after we were finished with Dad and farm chores.  But back to Friday.  Mom and me left after lunch to go to an indoor Mall for training.  Mom thought she should give me a pink pill before we left since it was going to be a drive to get there but things didn't work out like they should.  My breakfast was left in the back set of the car.  Mom put that Gentle Lead thing on me and I protested however she would trick me with treats and since my stomach was empty I decided to cooperate.   Mom did one thing she said she has never done with a service puppy - she gave me two bites of her ice cream.  She felt sorry for me loosing my breakfast.  I shared my water with my Grandma before she realized it was the cup Mom was using to give me a drink.  I told Grandma I didn't have any cooties. 

We were heading home from our training outing when Mom got a call and it was my two legged sister Aunna.  She was leaving the doctor's office with a fractured ankle.  She hurt it the night before playing soccer.  She has to be on crutches with a soft cast for at least three weeks.  We stopped and picked her up and helped her get her cast.  Mom didn't let me go in her apartment because she has two kitties and even though I love kitties they probably would not like me.   I gave Aunna kisses when she was in the back of the car with me. 

Saturday after we did our chores with Dad, and walked the back fields with Mom we all got in the car and went to another lake and went for a long walk.  It was soooooo windy but the sun felt so good.  We should have put sun screen on because Mom got a little sun burned.  Dad wanted to get the energy out of me so we took off running for a bit.  Ruthie being older stayed behind with Mom.   Back at home Ruthie and I were pooped from all of the outings and we fell asleep before bed time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment