NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fall is in the Air - Holidays are around the corner !

It is Sunday morning and Mom and Dad are doing their usual thing.  Coffee, Sunday paper and reading in the office.  I have been bugging Dad with my paw trying to hurry things along so we can go for our weekend family walk.   Weekends are the only time that Mom, Dad, Ruthie and I get to walk together.   I have to wear that stupid gentle lead thing I can't seem to find and hide for half of the walk then we get to run free on the dike before going back on the leashes.  I get to finish our walk with just the lease and NO gentle lead.  Mom has lost the gentle lead when we are on the dike but she always seems to find it. 

Mom and me went out for several training sessions.  Mom was camera happy at Walmart and took pictures of me along with my sister Aunna.  Mom said we were going to have a training moment and go to lunch at the NEW Chick-fil-A but when we got there the line to eat was outside and down the side walk.  I was glad we didn't go in because I knew I would have to stay in a down/stay and with my car sickness I was not sure if everything would stay where it should ??  My tummy was still feeling icky !!

Mom has been  limiting my training sessions lately since I get sooooooooo car sick and after I get sick I don't feel like walking around the stores and I "protest" as Mom says.  Then on top of that the car stinks and for someone who loves to sniff just about everything this smell I don't like !!  Mom sprays air freshener in the car and rolls the windows down but the smell is still there.   I sure hope I out grow this soon - it is no FUN !!


Mom had a very nice guy here last week working on the kitchen removing a wall.  Ruthie and I tried to help him more than once and ended up in the mud room with the gate closed.  I don't understand why since he brought someone here to help him ??  Ruthie and I would have done it for a doggie treat.   We still don't have lights in the kitchen or a phone but everything should be back to normal on Monday.   Mom said the rest of the work will happen after Christmas.  That means the BIG RED guy will be back again :)

 
My favorite package arrived again from UPS !!  My SCIENCE DIET dog food.  Mom and me were getting a little concerned since my bin in the mud room was getting low.  I tried to sneak and open it but Mom made me wait till Daddy came home from work to open the box.   THANK YOU SCIENCE DIET.  For all of you SCIENCE DIET provides to KSDS - the organization I am getting trained by to be a Guide/Service Dog - the dog food for FREE !!  Way to go Science Diet !!


 Mom and Dad went to the HUSKER Game again this weekend.  Ruthie and I did not get to go along but they took LITTLE RED with them however when they got back home they said they will not do that again.   Before the game they stopped and had some Bloody Mary drinks and Little Red had one to many. Seems like he can not hold his liquor - what ever that means ??   He embarrassed Mom and Dad at the game.  From here on out he will only get to stay in our front yard for games.  Maybe Ruthie and I will get to go next time ??

It was a SAD day in HUSKER LAND even though I heard Mom and Dad say the HUSKERS won the game.  A person named Tom Osborne retired.  Dad has known him for a long, long time !!



 
 
Watch the show - Mom and Dad were there holding up one of the red signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment