NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I am BACK !!

Lake Living !!  However, I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time swimming like Mom said I would.  She says she is soooooo busy trying to unpack and getting our new house livable.  I think it looks fine and we need to be down on the beach.  Let me me tell you about the last two weeks or so - Lots has changed.

The Old Farmstead
First the MOVE.  Mom and Dad got their new house on Thursday, May 24.  Ruthie and I didn't get to see it though.  They spent the day moving stuff out of the farmstead garage and over to the new house garage.  Mom and Dad did a bunch of last minute packing that night which included the computer.  We were without Internet, a land phone, cable and basically cell phone service for 5 days.   It was weird to be soooo unconnected. 

Friday morning three moving trucks and eight movers showed up bright and early.  Mom put Ruthie and me in the mud room because she said she didn't want us to trip up the movers.  I was pretty nervous about the commotion going on and did some whining.  Ruthie told me it would be OK.  She has moved before and she had lived at the lake we were moving back to.   One nice thing though is that we got to see the new owners of the farmstead again.  They had some stuff delivered to the house before they were going to move in.  I never did get to show them all of the good rolling spots and where the great snack foods were but I am sure they will find them sooner or later.  I heard Mom say they have bunnies ??   but these bunnies are not like the Easter bunnies.  I like the Easter bunny - He brought me lots of nice treats. 

New House
Finally on their last trip back to the house around 6:30 we all loaded up and said our "Good Bye's"    We were all sad but excited about our new adventure.   Ruthie and me especially since we had not seen the house yet.  Mom let us sniff everything and scan the house but we didn't get to go swimming till the next day.  Aunna, my two legged sister came over to see the new house later in the evening.  We all went out on the deck and had some refreshments and then they ordered something that was big and round called a pizza.  Thought Ruthie and I would get to have some but we only got our dog food but we did get to eat it our on the deck.  New mud room to sleep in but this one is smaller so Ruthie and I cuddle up which was nice since we both were a little apprehensive.

The next day we finally had some FUN !!  First we started out with a walk around the lake.  I got to go swimming but Ruthie has to wait.  The Vet said NO swimming for at least 10 more days when she got her stitches out.  I found some mud to get into while swimming and Mom and Dad were not happy campers but the good thing about that was all I had to do was to go swimming again.  After swimming though I had to stay out on the deck till I dried off while Ruthie got to go inside. 

Mom spent most of this week unpacking so things were kind of boring around here.  I didn't have to go out on any training moments but did have to practice my stay and down/stay a lot.  Mom had lots of people coming to the house either to deliver stuff or check things in the house.  I was sooooo excited when the guy came to hook up all of our communications.  We were back in the real world again however Mom would not let me on the computer -  She had too much to catch up on first.   We did take a walk or two and got to run on the dam.  Mom let me swim out on our beach a couple of times but Ruthie had to watch from the deck. 

Yesterday, Mom and Dad spent the whole day outside cleaning out flower beds and planting flowers in flower pots.  Some of the time we got to go out but most of the time we had to stay up on the deck.  I escaped once and took Dad for a run.  I was trying to get to the water to swim but Dad had other ideas.  He would go one way so I would go the other but Mom finally tricked me with a treat and caught me.  Mom said she wished she had a video recorder - it could have made "Funniest Home Videos"  In the evening a neighbor pulled their boat up on the beach and Mom and Dad went on their first boat ride. We didn't get to go. 

Today Mom said it will be our day to spend some quality time together.  First Mom said all of us are going for a walk around the lake then I will get to go swimming.  I feel soooo sorry Ruthie can't swim but by next weekend she will be well enough.  I looked at her stitches this morning in the mud room and almost all of the scabs are gone. 

LOVE Lake Living !!

No comments:

Post a Comment