NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trips this week.

It has been an interesting week !  After my Mom finally went live with her blog all she does is watch me to see what she can blog about.  No privacy anymore.

Grandma Keuter, Ruthie & Me
My week started with me, my four legged sister Ruthie, my Grandma Keuter and Mom going back to see my Grandma in Wahoo, Ne.  This time I had to be on my best behavior since we were doing a service puppy/dog presentation.   My Mom was concerned  about my car sickness and her concerns were verified.  I made it about half of the way there then we all know what happened.  My sister was no help.  She just sat there and watched me. 
My Mommy and Me

I was sooooooo proud of myself at the presentation.  My Mom said I behaved better then my sister.  I was so excited after the presentation when one of the nurses said "ice cream for everyone" and I thought that meant me too !  I was wrong.  I had to watch everyone else eat ice cream while all I got was a chew toy.  One nice thing though was that I got a special tummy rub while exploring a wheelchair plus I didn't get sick on the way home.

At home I was so tired I could hardly stay awake for dinner.  I missed lunch since I was so busy and still a little car sick so when I got home I tried to tell my Mommy in puppy talk that I was starving but she just doesn't understand puppy talk at times.  Thought she might understand sign language so I put my paw in my bowl.  She understood that plus I got a little more for my effort.  Still have not gotten that bigger dish yet so my plate is pretty full when I eat.

Not much news for the next two days except that I get to spend more time in the fenced in mud room instead of my kennel when I am not being directly supervised..  Ruthie comes in there and plays with me too.  Once in a while we get out of control and Mom comes and separates us.  
My next adventure was to the Vet again.  Ruthie went with me for support but ended up getting her shots too.  Her allergies are still acting up and the Vet noticed so he told her to come into the exam room to see him.  He noticed she had an appointment for her shots in two weeks so he just did them along with mine.  I was brave when I got my shots but we both whimpered when we got our nails trimmed.   My Mom talked a lot about me being car sick so the Vet told her to get some meds over the counter and give them to me about 30 minutes before we go on a car ride.  I was trying soooo hard to tell him "Thank you" because I thought for sure a Vet could understand puppy talk. 

On Friday was my first day I got to stay in the mud room while my parents were out.  They went to Wahoo and moved some of my Grandma's furniture.  I did pretty good with only one accident.  I tried to wait but my little bladder had another idea.  I did go in the corner because I thought Mom would be happier if I did not walk through it and mess up the whole floor. 

Saturday came and we all know what happens in Nebraska on Saturday.  It was a 6:30pm  away game so my daddy listened to football stuff on and off all day.  I am really learning a lot about football but not sure if that will help me when I go back to KSDS for school ?  They are Kansas fans down there.  I did get a little shut eye when dad went for a long bike ride but was up late because he was so excited about the game.  I got to spend time with him on the couch though and even wore my HUSKER outfit. 

One thing I really need to tell you about this week is the grasshoppers. They are everywhere out here on the farmstead.  I love them and I mean love them. It is soooo FUN to chase them around the yard then EAT them !!    At first I thought eating things in the garden was the thing to do but now I know meat is the way to go.  I hope they don't figure out my motive and stay around for awhile.                                         

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Stop by our blog to pick up the award you've won!