NEW to the BLOG ! Check out the BLOG Archives on the Right.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just a Dog's Life

Good Morning -
Fall is here off and on - Ruthie, me and my Mom have gone on more walks than usual.  Mom keeps saying it will get cold and snowy soon so we need to take advantage of the warm fall days.  Mom was not to happy though when Ruthie and I decided we still wanted to swim in the lake on a few of those walks and ignored her "YELLING" to us to come/stay.  We had to spend time out on the deck drying off but it was sooooo nice and warm with the sun shining down on us. 


We celebrated birthdays this Month.  Both of my two legged sisters have birthdays in October.  Aunna and Meghann came over and went out on the boat with Mom and Dad.  It was a beautiful warm fall day and they were out for about two hours.  When they came back in Mom made her spaghetti dinner for everyone but we still only got our regular dog food  :(   After dinner Mom brought out a carrot cake but it didn't look anything like a carrot. 


It was time for me to go for my yearly physical this month.  Ruthie came along for support.  She told me she had hers about a month ago.  I was kind of overly excited and was jumping up on everyone which Mom was not to happy about.  The Vet was really nice - He was a new one to the clinic.  He saw in my records I attended KSDS Inc. and asked Mom lots of questions about service puppies.  While he was talking to Mom he snuck in a shot.  After that both Ruthie and I had our nails done.  Seemed weird to have them done there since we usually go to Petsmart.  I am proud to say I did not get car sick but unfortunately something from the other end was deposited in the back of the Ford.  Mom had to roll down the windows. 


Mom and Dad have started cleaning up and putting things away outside getting ready for winter.   All of the toys and fun stuff on the beach are gone but Dad is holding out on winterizing the boat.  He likes fall boat rides.   Maybe Ruthie and I will get to go on one ??  Mom picked a bunch of green round things and made this green stuff on the stove called salsa.   It smelled icky for a while when it was cooking on the stove.  

Mom also made some nice smelling things.  Her friend Jane gave Mom two big bins of home grown apples.  When Mom was pealing them a couple of times apple cores fell on the floor and Ruthie and I would assist and clean them up.  Mom made apple sauce, apple butter, apple chutney and apple cider.  Mom said one of the ciders is for Halloween.  Mom and Dad will have some with a shot in it while waiting for the kids for Trick or Treat.  I asked Mom if Ruthie and I will get some and she said Ruthie is old enough but I am only 14 and you have to be 21 before you can have special drinks.  Mom said next year I will be old enough. Ruthie always gets to do things before me but I guess that is OK - she is my big sister.

It was BIG RED HUSKER FOOTBALL again this weekend.  Mom and Dad put on their RED sweatshirts before we went out for our weekend walk on Saturday.  We had to head out early since the HUSKER Game started at 11:00.  Mom and Dad put out Little Red and we took a picture with him before our walk.  He didn't bring much LUCK though and as soon as the game was over Dad took him down. 



 After the game Mom and Dad went for a boat ride.  I heard them talking about the beautiful fall colors out on the water.  Dad said he loves this time of the year.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment